7. Basic Seismic Interpretation Workflow
Synthetic seismogram and well tie
- Generate synthetic seismogram from one or multiple wells on well group or in a seismic section
- T-D curves can be calculated from pairs of well tops and seismic horizons
- User can define tie points manually or through well-top and horizon pairs
- User can drag well objects with or without synthetic seismogram to do well tie
- Manual picking and editing on inline, cross line and random line
- Automatically update on base map and 3-D window
- Digitize fault sticks on inline and cross line
- Automatically update fault sticks on base map and 3-D window
- Project fault sticks on any section
Surface grid can be interpolated from seismic horizon interpretation and fault polygons.
A velocity strata-grid can be made from key horizons and T-D curves. Interval and average velocity volumes can be made from velocity grid. Honor multiple tops of the same formation on the same horizontal wells.
Time to depth conversation can be made for horizon and strata-grid, based on the active velocity volume.