There are numerous publications that document the theory, methodology, workflows, and case studies by our employees and our clients.
Published SBED Case Studies
- Alpak, F. O., M.D. Barton and D. Castineira, 2011, Retaining geological realism in dynamic modelling: a channelized turbidite reservoir example from West Africa. Petroleum Geoscience. Vol 17, No 1, February 2011 pp. 35 – 52. DOI: 10.1144/1354-079309-033.
- Alpak, F. O., Mark D. Barton, Stephen J. Naruk, 2013, The impact of fine-scale turbidite channel architecture on deep-water reservoir performance, AAPG Bulletin, V. 97, No. 2 (February 2013), P. 251–284.
- Berland H, Børset K.,Nordahl K, Rennan L., Rustad, A B., 2009, Validating Workflows with Pore-Scale Modelling and Fine-Scale Geology for Water Saturation Interpretation. SPE-121904-MS, EUROPEC/EAGE Conference and Exhibition, 8-11 June, Amsterdam, The Netherlands., DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/121904-MS
- Chandra,V.S, Corbett, P.W.M., Geiger, S, Hamdi, H, 2013, Improving Reservoir Characterization and Simulation With Near-Wellbore Modeling, SPE Reservoir Evaluation & Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 02. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/148104-PA.
- Dabek, L; Shad, S. Dalir A., Knepp, R., 2014; Correlation of Permeability and Volume of Shale in Oil Sands: Improving Predictability in Low Permeability Zones of the McMurray Formation, Alberta, Canada. SPE Heavy Oil Conference-Canada, 10-12 June, Alberta, Canada, SPE-170060-MS, DOI http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/170060-MS.
- Dabek, L. and Knepp, R., 2011, Bioturbation and Its Effects on Permeability in Wave-Dominated Shoreface Rocks of the Spring Canyon Member, Blackhawk Formation, Utah, USA, (abstract),e-poster presentation at AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition, Houston, Texas, USA, April 10-13, 2011, AAPG Search and Discovery Article #50425 (2011).
- Elfenbein, C., Husby, Ø., and Ringrose, P. S., 2005, Geologically-based estimation of kv/kh ratios: an example from the Garn Formation, Tyrihans Field, Mid-Norway, in A.G. Doré and B.A. Vining, eds., Petroleum Geology: Northwest Europe and Global Perspectives, Proceedings of the 6th Petroleum Geology Conference, Geological Society, London, p. 537 – 544.
- Elfenbein, C., Ringrose, P. S., and Christie, M., 2005, Small-scale reservoir modeling tool optimizes hydrocarbon recovery offshore Norway, World Oil Magazine, October 2005.
- Martinius, A. W., Ringrose, P. S., Næss, A., and Wen, R., 1999, Multi-scale Characterisation and Modelling of Heterolithic Tidal Systems, Offshore Mid-Norway, in T.F. Hentz, ed., Advanced Reservoir Characterisation for the Twenty-First Century: Gulf Coast Section and Society Economic Paleontologists and Mineralogists Foundation, Special Publication, 19th Annual Research Conference, p. 193 – 204.
- Martinius, A. W., Ringrose, C. Brostrøm , C. Elfenbein1 , A. Næss and J. E. Ringås, 2005, Reservoir challenges of heterolithic tidal sandstone reservoirs in the Halten Terrace, mid-Norway. Petroleum Geoscience. Vol 11, No. 1, Pages 3-16.
- Nordhal, K., Ringrose, P. S., and Wen, R., 2005, Petrophysical characterization of a heterolithic tidal reservoir interval using a process-based modelling tool: Petroleum Geoscience, v. 11, p. 17 – 28.
- Nordahl, K., Messina, C., Berland, H. Rustad A. B., and Rimstad, E., 2014, Impact of multiscale modelling on predicted porosity and permeability distributions in the fluvial deposits of the Upper Lunde Member (Snorre Field, Norwegian Continental Shelf). In Sediment-Body Geometry and Heterogeneity: Analogue Studies for Modelling the Subsurface edited by A.W. Martinius, J.A. Howell , T.R. Good. Geological Society, London, Special Publications, February, 2014; doi 10.1144/SP387. Pages 85-100.
- Pickup, G., Ringrose, P. S., and Sharif, A., 2000, Steady-State Upscaling: From Lamina-Scale to Full-Field Model: SPE Journal, v. 5, p. 208 – 217.
- Ringrose, P. S., Nordahl, K., and Wen, R., 2005, Vertical permeability in heterolithic tidal deltaic sandstones: Petroleum Geoscience, v. 11, p. 29 – 36.
- Ringrose, P. S., Skjetne, E., and Elfenbein, C., 2003, Permeability Estimation Functions Based on Forward Modeling of Sedimentary Heterogeneity, SPE paper 84275, presented at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Denver, Colorado, USA, October 5 – 8, 2003.
- Ringrose, P. S., Wen, R., Lia, O., Carruthers, D. and Jackson, M., 2001, Effective Flow and Connectivity Properties of Mathematical Rock Cubes: Proceedings of the 3rd Conference on Modelling Permeable Rocks: Advances in the quantification of geology for petroleum and groundwater applications, Churchill College, Cambridge, UK, March 27 – 29, 2001.
- Rivenæs, J. C., Otterlei, C., Zachariassen E., Dart C., and Sjøholm, J., 2005, A 3D stochastic model integrating depth, fault and property uncertainty for planning robust wells, Njord Field, offshore Norway. Petroleum Geoscience. Vol 11, No. 1, Pages 57-65. DOI: 10.1144/1354-079305-694.
- Ruvo, L, Doyle, J., Cozzi, M., Riva, S., Scaglioni, P, Serafini, G, 2008, Multiscale Data Integration in Characterizing and Modeling a Deepwater Turbidite Reservoir. SPE-115305-MS. SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, 21-24 September, Denver, Colorado, USA. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2118/115305-MS.,
- Scaglioni,P., Ruvo, L., Cozzi, M., 2006, Implicit net-to-gross in the petrophysical characterization of thin-layered reservoirs. Petroleum Geoscience. Vol 12, No. 4, Pages 325-333 DOI: 10.1144/1354-079305-694.
- Theting, T.G., B. Rustad, T.R. Lerdahl, J.Å. Stensen, T. Boassen, P.-E. Øren, S. Bakke and P. Ringrose, 2005, Pore-to-Field Multi-Phase Upscaling for a Depressurization Process, IOR 2005 – 13th European Symposium on Improved Oil Recovery (Extended Abstract,http://earthdoc.eage.org/publication/publicationdetails/?publication=1600